Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!


Today was one of those days. A long ride off the back of a 16km run (and my first in over a year), was never going to be easy.. and the heat plus the headwind back from Frankston made sure of that! But that's what training it all about. You can't pick the conditions on race day and long predominately solo rides are perfect mental toughness training. I was happy with my nutrition plan, but more on that later, and I actually enjoyed myself out there today. Don't get me wrong, it was tough, but at the same time, very rewarding.  For future reference, I did feel a little uncomfortable at the 75km mark, but it was my first long ride on my new bike, so it's only upwards from here.

With lots of races of late, it's been nice to have a full weekend of training. 16km run, 30km ride and 1.2km open water event yesterday, 90km on the bike today. Happy to bank all of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment