Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Gatorade Race 1- St Kilda

The lead up
The lead up to Race 1 was less than ideal with a mysterious foot injury, 2 flats and 2 broken cleats.. but a week of no running, physio, massage and some serious bike maintenance all paid off in the end!

Race Day
Race 1 unfortunately (or fortunately) turned into a duathlon (2/20/5). +10mm of rain means the storm drains are opened and the pollution prevents the swim from going ahead. EPA guidelines are obviously there for a reason - the smell was horrendous!!
Cooling down post-race

Results
Official time - 1:20:08.4
Splits - 9:11  1:09  40:35  2:01  27:11

I'm absolutely wrapped. My run splits were through the roof (4.45 & 4.39 min/km in the first leg!), my transitions were the tidiest yet AND I cut 4 minutes off my goal bike time. Bring on Race 2 at Elwood in 3 weeks!

A big thank you to Tri Alliance for everything that you do, Lakeside Sports Medicine for my magical* pre-race massage and to Taryn and Andrew for coming down to support me.
My best race yet!

(* I'm now injury-free!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment